Happy Foodie Friday! As always, today I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama to create awesome healthy recipes! Be sure to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and don’t forget to add your recipes as well! Today’s theme is Favorite Food Makeover.
I love fried chicken…who doesn’t? I’ve never been good at frying it though. I really don’t like to fry things. The grease splatters all over the place. The house ends up smelling like oil. Not to mention, I usually end up over browning the outside and the inside is still raw. It’s a miserable fail for me whenever I’ve tried to do it.
I was so excited when I found this easy, healthier oven fried chicken – and it’s baked!
You start by melting a couple tablespoons of butter and placing it in the bottom of your baking dish. (OK, so it’s a little healthier) Now, I’m all about cooking smart, so there’s as little clean up after as possible. So, I always line my baking dish with aluminum foil.
Let’s make a dry rub (you know I love a dry rub!). Then, we’ll dredge the chicken drumsticks in it.
Bake them at 425 for 50 minutes. You’ll have to forgive me, these smelled so good when they came out of the oven, we devoured them before I had a chance to plate them for a Pinterest worthy picture. They are a family favorite now!
- Cassandra| blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’ | G+
- Farrah| blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana| blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie| blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily| blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther| blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
[inlinkz_linkup id=486551 mode=1]