Happy Foodie Friday! As always, today I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama to create awesome healthy recipes! Be sure to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and don’t forget to add your recipes as well! Today’s theme is Grilled Cheese!
Some kids love peanut butter and jelly, hot dogs, and macaroni and cheese. Me, I always wanted grilled cheese. The biggest decision for me was always – do I want sweet gherkins or tomatoes on it?
Now before you cringe at the thought of sweet gherkins on a grilled cheese, let me show you how yummy it looks. I blame my mother for this – she totally got me hooked on gherkins on my grilled cheese. She loves sweet pickles, but never liked dill. So, of course, we always had sweet pickles in the house and she loved putting them along with a little mayonnaise on my sandwich.
In the summer time when the tomatoes were fresh off the garden vine, she would slice up tomatoes and put them on my grilled cheese instead of the gherkins. Whenever I crave a grilled cheese, I am stuck in this back and forth dilemma – grilled cheese and tomato or grilled cheese and sweet gherkin? Often I end up doing half the sandwich one way and half the other – just so I don’t have to choose!
What’s your favorite childhood grilled cheese? Have you moved on to gourmet grilled cheese or does that quintessential sandwich still satisfy your craving for the ooey, gooey masterpiece?
Don’t forget to visit all the other #foodiefriday bloggers! Be sure to check out our social media.
- Cassandra| blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’ | G+
- Farrah| blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana| blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie| blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily| blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther| blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
[inlinkz_linkup id=486553 mode=1]