June 5, 2015

Potsticker Ravioli

Happy Foodie Friday! As always, today I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama to create awesome healthy recipes! Be sure to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and don’t forget to add your recipes as well! Today’s theme is  Dairy-Free and I’m making a recipe with a twist.

I love Potstickers, but I don’t like how delicate you have to be to make them.  I’m pretty sure delicate is not a word anyone that knows me even associates with me.  🙂

To make it easier on myself, I decided to use wonton wrappers to make more of a ravioli style potsticker…and Potsticker Ravioli was born!

potsticker-ravioli4

Wonton wrappers are made with flour, egg, water and salt.  My filling is made with pork, ginger, cole slaw mix, scallions, and eggs.

potsticker-ravioli

After mixing the filling, place a heaping tablespoon of the filling onto a wonton wrapper.  Then, place another wonton wrapper on top, crimp the edges with a fork and set on a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet.

potsticker ravioli3potsticker ravioli2

When you’ve used all the wonton wrappers, place the baking sheets in the freezer to flash freeze.  When you’re ready to pan-fry them, take a few out of the freezer and place in a pan over medium-high with some flavorless oil like canola or vegetable.

potsticker-ravioli2potsticker ravioli

After 3-4 minutes or when bottoms are nicely browned, add 1/4 cup water, cover and steam for 2-3 minutes.  Remove cover and continue browning until nice and crispy on the bottom.  Serve with coconut aminos.

potsticker ravioli5

foodiefriday

[inlinkz_linkup id=514646 mode=1]

11 Comments on “Potsticker Ravioli

Annmarie
June 5, 2015 at 9:06 am

Wow those look so yummy! I can’t say that I’ve ever had potstickers but looks like I need to try them!
Annmarie recently posted…Foodie Friday: Dairy Free Chocolate Chunk Protein FudgesiclesMy Profile

June 8, 2015 at 1:10 pm

What, Annmarie! Never!?? I’m totally surprised by that. You’re going to have to get some from your local Asian restaurant then make these and compare them.

Esther
June 5, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Those are adorable! 🙂 And the look so delicious!

Lisa @ RunWiki
June 5, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Are you kidding me?! I want in my belly this instant! These are the ultimate comfort food! SO yummy
Lisa @ RunWiki recently posted…Reduced Sugar Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour MeatballsMy Profile

June 8, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I’m so addicted to these. They are little pillows of comfort! You have to make them, Lisa!

Farrah
June 6, 2015 at 12:44 am

Yay for ravioli! Is it sad that I’ve never actually tried making ravioli? And I love that you souped em’ up and added so many awesome goodies to it! I definitely need to try this out! <3

June 8, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Ravioli is so versatile! You definitely can make them your own, Farrah. Make any filling you want and turn them in to ravioli. My Balsamic Short Ribs are amazing stuffed into ravioli.

Melissa Cunningham
June 7, 2015 at 1:38 am

This sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing! Saved so I can make it!

Eva
June 7, 2015 at 3:55 pm

I didn’t know it was so easy to make. I should definitely give it a try!
Eva recently posted…Penny Lift Simple ScienceMy Profile

June 8, 2015 at 1:05 pm

If you make them the traditional way using the wonton wrapper and folding a shaping, it is very time consuming. But, if you make these more like a ravioli, you can just lay a bunch out, put a Tbsp or so on the wrapper, lay another over it and crimp around the sides. It’s way less time consuming! 🙂

Ashley Ramsey
June 7, 2015 at 6:49 pm

I love ravioli! That looks delicious! I’m going to try this recipe soon.