June 22, 2015

Summer Corn Salad

Happy #MeatlessMonday!  Thanks for kicking off your week by joining us.  As usual, I’m LinkingUp with Rachel from Running on Happy & Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama to bring you some amazing bites for your Meatless Monday meals!

I don’t know about your family, but my family LOVES corn on the cob.  It is actually one of our favorite summer vegetables.  Mini Me and I can eat a couple ears of steamed corn and a couple tomatoes sliced up as a meal that/s how much we love corn!

So, when I was rushed one Sunday afternoon after the track meet to get some grub on the table for dinner with guests, I threw together this amazingly simple, elegant and refreshing Summer Corn Salad!

Summer-Corn-Salad

You can make this recipe using fresh steamed corn on the cob that you cut off the cob OR when you’re in a hurry like I was this particular day, you can steam some frozen corn and give it a quick ice bath.

Then, cut up some grape tomatoes or tomatoes off your vine and some red onion, make the dressing and serve!  It’s that simple – and oh so yummy!

Summer-Corn-Salad

In the words of Jamie Oliver…..

[yumprint-recipe id=’48’]

Meatless-Mondays

For more Meatless Monday recipes, check on Meatless Monday, Tina Muir and Confessions of a Mother Runner.

[inlinkz_linkup id=514678 mode=1]

9 Comments on “Summer Corn Salad

Annmarie
June 22, 2015 at 7:12 am

So simple yet so delicious, love this!!!
Annmarie recently posted…Meatless Monday: Spinach + Artichoke Pasta {Gluten Free, Vegan}My Profile

D J
June 22, 2015 at 11:15 am

Looks great! I love all kinds of salads in the summer.

Amanda
June 22, 2015 at 11:35 am

Corn on the cob is one of our favorite summer vegetables too. Love the idea of cutting it off the cob to make a salad. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Amanda recently posted…Sunrise YogaMy Profile

Sadie B.
June 22, 2015 at 1:57 pm

This looks like a great recipe to take to a July 4th party. Easy and delicious!

Tina Muir
June 23, 2015 at 11:10 am

Thanks for linking up with Deborah and I for meatless monday! This sounds perfect for a cookout! Yum!
Tina Muir recently posted…Meatless Monday-Hawaiian Vegetable RiceMy Profile

Meghan
June 23, 2015 at 11:17 am

I love that Jamie Oliver quote and totally agree with it. This looks delicious and love that it’s seasonal for summer.
Meghan recently posted…Vanilla-Almond Chia Pudding Recipe | A Guest Post on Confessions of a Mother RunnerMy Profile

Sarah N
June 24, 2015 at 9:48 am

This looks delicious.

Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More
June 24, 2015 at 9:30 pm

I’ll have to try this! I love salads during the heat of the summer.
Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More recently posted…Prom, Track, & NeedlesMy Profile

Jeffrey
June 28, 2015 at 7:48 am

We love corn on the cob too, I bake mine in the oven with the husk on. This salad looks great, I bet the onions give it a nice little bite…Thanks for the fun summer dish!