June 26, 2016

Strawberry Cantaloupe Popsicles

Strawberry Cantanloupe Popsicles

As you all know, Mini Me’s favorite treat is a popsicle! We are constantly making popsicles in our house because I think she’s one just about every day. Before you say “Whoa!  I’d never let my kids eat a popsicle every day!”, let me preface my statement by saying she’s basically eating pulverized fruit in our house.

We make all of our popsicles from fresh fruit and nothing else – not even sugar! Two of our favorite fruits are strawberries and cantaloupe. They go together perfectly.

I start by slicing a few strawberries to layer into the popsicle molds for a pretty look.

Strawberry Cantaloupe Popsicles

The juice from the slices allows them to stick to the sides of the molds so that when you pour in the fruit, they’ll still appear on the outer side of the popsicles.

Strawberry Cantaloupe Popsicles

For the base of the popsicle, we simply put some cantaloupe in our Blendtec and hit the smoothie button.

Strawberry Cantaloupe Popsicles

That’s basically it!

Strawberry Cantaloupe Popsicles

Pour the base into the molds and freeze. This is the hard part for Mini Me – waiting until they actually freeze!

Strawberry Cantaloupe Popsicles

Once they’re frozen, you can simply run them under a little warm water and pull and the popsicle will POP out of the mold.

Strawberry Cantaloupe Popsicles

So, that’s why I don’t mind that Mini Me eats a popsicle every day. She’s just eating FRUIT!

Strawberry Cantanloupe Popsicles

PBBsignature

17 Comments on “Strawberry Cantaloupe Popsicles

Farrah
June 27, 2016 at 10:20 am

This is such an awesome combination! 😀 The perfect summer treat to cool down with on a hot day!!

Rachel Langer
June 30, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Oh I love the slices of strawberry in these! Makes them look fancy! I will have to try cantaloupe next time I make popsicles at home!

Robin Masshole Mommy
July 1, 2016 at 6:55 am

Those are an awesome way to cool off on a hot summer day! I am going to have to make these for the kids.

Cate
July 1, 2016 at 9:54 am

These look amazing! I love making homemade popsicles but have never tried this combo. Gonna be perfect for summer!

Cynthia L
July 1, 2016 at 11:57 am

Now this sounds like one good popsicle. Love the combination of cantaloupe and strawberries. The perfect fresh treat. I could easily eat one (or two) of these every day!

July 1, 2016 at 5:47 pm

That’s exactly the thought that got me making these popsicles for Mini Me. I don’t have to say NO to popsicles because she’s only eating fresh fruit!!! WIN, WIN!

Terri Steffes
July 1, 2016 at 1:42 pm

I’m loving that you puree cantaloupe and use it as the base. I am sure you could do watermelon and honeydew, too! Yum!

July 1, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Funny you mention watermelon. I have a watermelon version of these I do too. I also have a fudgsicle version – they’ll all be making an appearance in the next few weeks.

Rese
July 1, 2016 at 7:14 pm

My kids two favorite fruits – I will definitely have to make these. My daughters are nuts over cantelope.

Reesa Lewandowski
July 1, 2016 at 9:54 pm

I have never used cantaloupe in Popsicle! What a refreshing recipe!

Blythe Alpern
July 1, 2016 at 10:43 pm

Simple, refreshing and tasty. Sounds like my kind of summer treat. I love the combination of cantaloupe and strawberries.

Yvonne
July 2, 2016 at 8:35 am

That looks so yummy! Perfect summer dessert or even just to chill by the porch with

| yvonnesowell.com |

Wendy
July 2, 2016 at 9:35 am

Those look so good! I just got some popsicle molds and have it on my to-do list to make some for the kids this weekend.
Wendy recently posted…Grilled Veggie & Sausage KebabsMy Profile

Renee @ The Good Hearted Woman
July 2, 2016 at 3:18 pm

These look great! All these wonderful frozen pop fruit combos are showing up on my Pinterest feed and I want to make them all!

jill conyers
July 3, 2016 at 4:41 am

Love the flavor combo. I can’t believe I haven’t made any popsicles so far this year.
jill conyers recently posted…Accomplishing Your Dreams Begins With a Belief In YourselfMy Profile

Toughcookiemommy
July 3, 2016 at 2:23 pm

These popsicles are so easy to make and they look so refreshing. It’s a great way for the whole family to cool off on hot summer days.

Ana De- Jesus
July 3, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Ooh these strawberry cantaloupe popsicles look amazing. I bet these are so refreshing especially when you are lounging by the pool or the beach x