July 31, 2016

Four Cheese Wild Mushroom Cauliflower Crust Pizza

I don’t know about you, but I really have a hard time avoiding pizza. There is something about that ooey gooey cheese and the way my palate wakes up when the hot cheese, savory tomato sauce and thick doughy crust hits it. So, when I started consuming less carbs in my diet, I knew pizza was going to be one of the hardest things for me to minimize. Notice, I said minimize. I will still eat a slice every now and again because even though this recipe rocks, let’s be honest…pizza is pizza!

The first step is to grate your cauliflower. Normally, this starts by me cutting up a head of fresh cauliflower, putting it in the food processor and then steaming it. But, Wegmans started carrying a great shortcut…cauliflower rice! So, I steamed some up and then squeezed all the water out.

Four Cheese Wild Mushroom Cauliflower Pizza

Then, I added egg, cheese and some spices to the cauliflower based and spread it on an already hot pizza stone.  This is the key I have found to making my crusts come out perfect every time. I bake the Cauli’ Crust until it is golden brown and solid.

Four Cheese Wild Mushroom Cauliflower Pizza

Once the crust looks good, I brush it with olive oil and minced garlic, add my four cheese (Parmesan, Goat, Mozzarella, and Gruyere) and top with sauteed wild mushrooms.

Four Cheese Wild Mushroom Cauliflower Pizza4

After baking it at 450F until the cheeses are melted, it’s time to let my taste buds loose! Man, this pizza and some Pellegrino is my idea of a guilt free Pizza party!

Wild Mushroom Cauli PIzza PIN

[seo_recipe id=”5134″]

Have you ever made a Cauliflower pizza crust? I’d love to hear your best tips and tricks for getting the crust crispy.

PBBsignature

12 Comments on “Four Cheese Wild Mushroom Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Abbey
August 1, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I adore caulflower pizz crust. I once made a sweet version and it was amazing
Abbey recently posted…If It Fits Your Macros Diet (IIFYM) Review | Is Quantity More Important Than Quality?My Profile

We are making cauliflower pizza crust tonight one of my faves
Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner recently posted…Avocado Egg Salad You’ve Got To TryMy Profile

August 1, 2016 at 3:19 pm

This looks absolutely delicious. I’m always so bummed that to get cauliflower pizza crusts to stick together, you have to add so much cheese. I tend to stay away from cheese, so my cauliflower pizza crusts usually need to be eaten with fork and knife! Still tastes good though!
Kayla @ Blondes Have More Run recently posted…Things to See and Do in ChicagoMy Profile

Kimberly
August 1, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Cauliflower is so versatile and I love how creative you can be with it. I find min pre-crumbled so its easy to work with too. This looks so good.
Kimberly recently posted…10 Must-Have Items for RunningMy Profile

glenneth
August 1, 2016 at 3:47 pm

thanks for the recipe! i need to try this cauliflower crust. pizza is ALWAYS a winner!
glenneth recently posted…Toe Touch Challenge by Move It MondayMy Profile

glenneth
August 1, 2016 at 3:52 pm

i need to try the cauliflower crust. pizza is always a WINNER!
glenneth recently posted…Toe Touch Challenge by Move It MondayMy Profile

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables
August 1, 2016 at 4:28 pm

I’ll definitely have to try this! I’ve been hunting for a crispier cauliflower crust recipe! And my husband loves mushrooms so he’d be fan of this!
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted…Vegan and Gluten Free Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

Chrissa - Physical Kitchness
August 1, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Ok this doesn’t look like cauliflower pizza! Where is the soggy crust? Ummm I need to try YOUR version girlfriend! I’m loving all of it (especially the GOOD looking crust and wild mushrooms)!!
Chrissa – Physical Kitchness recently posted…30 Healthy Back to School Lunch Ideas (that aren’t all sandwiches)My Profile

GiGi Eats
August 1, 2016 at 5:44 pm

I really need to make cauliflower crust again! AND UM… I really have ZERO excuses right now cause I have a huge bag of RICED cauliflower I NEED TO USE UP!!! Experiment time! 😛
GiGi Eats recently posted…This ICE Is NutsMy Profile

August 1, 2016 at 9:41 pm

I loved this pizza when I saw it on Instagram this morning! Pinning and making it!
Ilka recently posted…Running Log Week July 25thMy Profile

Angela
August 2, 2016 at 10:14 am

Yum! This sounds awesome, I LOVE cauliflower crust pizza and the mushrooms are fave as well. Thanks for sharing!!
Angela recently posted…5 Tips for Triathlon Training in the HeatMy Profile

Jill Conyers
August 2, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Mushroom pizza is one of my favorites. Yum!