August 21, 2016

BBQ Chicken Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Ever since I perfected my Cauliflower Pizza Crust, I’ve been making all my favorite versions of pizza in a healthier way.  One of our family favorites is BBQ Chicken Pizza. With a few simple ingredients, you can have your Family Game Night or Pizza Friday dinner in the oven!

All you need is a little red onion, your favorite barbecue sauce, some mozzarella cheese and some pre-cooked chicken (leftover chicken breast or a rotisserie chicken).
BBQ Chicken Pizza

After making the cauliflower crust, spread barbecue sauce in place of pizza sauce over the crust.

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Add the shredded cheese, followed by the shredded chicken and raw red onion.

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Bake at 425 degrees for about 12 minutes or until the ingredients are warmed through.

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Having a Pizza Night with friends? Try some of our family’s other pizza favorites!

Four Cheese Wild Mushroom Cauli' Crust Pizza

Four Cheese Wild Mushroom Cauli’ Crust Pizza

Garbage Pie with Cauli' Crust

Garbage Pie with a Cauli’ Crust

MBG-Pizza

Wild Mushroom, Balsamic and Goat Cheese Naan Pizza

Zucchini PIzza Boats

Zucchini Pizza Boats

Caramelized Vegetables French Bread Pizza

Caramelized Vegetables French Bread Pizza

What are your family’s pizza night favorites?

PBBsignature

48 Comments on “BBQ Chicken Cauliflower Crust Pizza

abbey
August 22, 2016 at 1:48 pm

ivebeen craving pizza and this looks SO good. Need to try!
abbey recently posted…Vegetarian Lunch Box Ideas with Healthy PulsesMy Profile

Kecia @ Online Income Mom
August 22, 2016 at 1:53 pm

This pizza sounds delicious! I’ve heard of using cauliflower for pizza crust but haven’t tried it yet. This may be a good place to start!

kerri mcgrail
August 22, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Love how versatile cauliflower is! Works as a pizza crust and as rice- who woulda thought???

Kimberly
August 22, 2016 at 4:08 pm

This look so good! I love a classic BBQ Chicken pizza and crust is great to keep it light.
Kimberly recently posted…How I Display my Race MemorabiliaMy Profile

August 22, 2016 at 4:23 pm

I love cauliflower crust pizza too! So many options for toppings
Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner recently posted…Lentil Tabouleh Salad- Meatless MondayMy Profile

karen
August 22, 2016 at 4:50 pm

I have wanted to try a cauliflower crust for about a year now… but havent yet! I need to try this and the BBQ twist looks really yummy!
karen recently posted…Best Moisturizer with SPF : Block Island OrganicsMy Profile

Reesa Lewandowski
August 22, 2016 at 5:00 pm

I would never think to put cauliflower on pizza. This looks so delicious.

Robin Rue
August 22, 2016 at 5:02 pm

I love BBQ sauce on my pizza. I don’t care what toppings are on there with it! Yummy in my tummy.

August 22, 2016 at 6:34 pm

I made a BBQ chicken cauliflower crust pizza before. It was very similar to this one and probably my most favorite cauliflower crust pizza I’ve ever had!
Kayla @ Blondes Have More Run recently posted…Coconut Coated Thai TofuMy Profile

Ange // Cowgirl Runs
August 22, 2016 at 6:50 pm

I really need to bring cauliflower pizza back into my life!
Ange // Cowgirl Runs recently posted…If Girls Ran the WorldMy Profile

Rachel Langer
August 22, 2016 at 7:04 pm

I love BBQ Chicken pizza but haven’t had it since I went Paleo 2 years ago. I have had NO LUCK with cauliflower crust pizza at all. I really should have a ‘cheat’ day and try yours out with the cheese!

Chrissy @ Snacking in Sneakers
August 22, 2016 at 7:57 pm

I LOVE bbq chicken pizza so I’m sure I would go crazy with this recipe 🙂 We are also big fans of pizza with white sauce, kale and caramelized onions.

Carmy
August 22, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Oh this looks so good! I’ll need to try it. I eat so much regular pizza haha
Carmy recently posted…Monday on the Run #50My Profile

Kim
August 22, 2016 at 10:06 pm

I love pizza and this time of the year always trying to think of more fun ways to use veggies in the garden. This is definitely going on the list and even my new monthly meal plan!!

Mikki
August 22, 2016 at 10:09 pm

I made something like this a long time ago, before i knew cheese was messy with my gut and it was so good. Love those red onions too!

Terri Steffes
August 22, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Yum yum yum. My cauliflower crusts don’t look as good as yours, although they taste great!
Terri Steffes recently posted…How to Make a Cake Mix Taste HomemadeMy Profile

Sarah- A Whisk and Two Wands
August 22, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Cannot wait to try this crust and give cauliflower crust another try. I love my pizza!!

Karen G.
August 22, 2016 at 10:35 pm

I can’t believe I haven’t tried a cauliflower pizza yet, I certainly need to remedy that! This looks delicious, love barbecue pizza!
Karen G. recently posted…Join Me as We Run Around the World!My Profile

Sarah Grace Spann
August 22, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Was just telling a friend that if I wasn’t so lazy, I’d totally make cauliflower pizza crusts and rice more! Haha, looks SO GOOD though!
Sarah Grace Spann recently posted…How To Make Chia Pudding: A Customizable FormulaMy Profile

Christina Bauer
August 22, 2016 at 11:06 pm

I still have yet to make cauli-crust, but my mom swears by it! I’d love a tempeh version of this BBQ pizza 🙂
Christina Bauer recently posted…Whole Wheat Belgian WafflesMy Profile

Debra
August 23, 2016 at 1:39 am

I absolutely love cauliflower crust pizza. It is delicious and cheesy and awesome! I am going to have to make this!
Debra recently posted…Printable Quiet Book- Ocean Animals PageMy Profile

Amanda Love
August 23, 2016 at 4:34 am

This is an awesome alternative to the usual crust. It’s healthier and it’s a great way to hide the veggies! The kids will love this for sure!
Amanda Love recently posted…Why Family Time MattersMy Profile

glenneth
August 23, 2016 at 5:38 am

i have got to try this! everything about this look amazing and i definitely want to try cauliflower crust!
glenneth recently posted…Dear Coach: Vol. 4My Profile

Ana De- Jesus
August 23, 2016 at 5:50 am

I have always wanted to try a cauliflower crust and it does look delicious. I would love to make some veggie chicken.
Ana De- Jesus recently posted…Amy Child’s & Her Quest For Fashion SuccessMy Profile

Heather McMechan
August 23, 2016 at 8:44 am

I wonder if I could get my family to eat the cauliflower crust. Hmmm! I’ll have to try.

Heather Lawrence
August 23, 2016 at 9:30 am

I love pizza, so much so that we normally have pizza at least once a week. But, having said that I have never had cauliflower pizza. Does the crust taste quite different compared to a “normal” crust?

Blythe Alpern
August 23, 2016 at 12:50 pm

I tried making cauliflower pizza crust, but it never came out as crispy as I would like. Now I buy these delicious crusts from Whole Foods and then add sauce, olive oil, spinach and feta.

Wendy
August 23, 2016 at 1:24 pm

I love cauliflower pizza crust – I flip mine too and think that makes all the difference. This looks like a great pizza – need to give it a try.

Heather
August 23, 2016 at 6:10 pm

This looks amazing! I have never tried a BBQ pizza before, but it is really calling to me right now!
Heather recently posted…When is your Child Ready for a Cell Phone?My Profile

Allyson
August 23, 2016 at 7:08 pm

Those zucchini pizza boats look so good! We always have pizza on Saturdays during football season (Go Dawgs!) so having a healthier alternative would be good for us.

Teresa
August 23, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Oh I love this idea – we are moving to using cauliflower instead of rice ad potatoes and crusts. I suck it in slowly and ow we are almost completely transitioned and bread and such only on special occasions.

Caitlin + Dani
August 23, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Mmmm! I have made cauliflower pizza before – it is quite yummy! It made me giggle though, everyone acts like it is “healthy” without the gluten but HELLO! There is at least twice the cheese. Haha!

Julie @ Running in a Skirt
August 23, 2016 at 8:02 pm

I haven’t made a cauliflower pizza crust yet! How delicious. What a great idea for toppings too.
Julie @ Running in a Skirt recently posted…Berrylicous Layered SmoothieMy Profile

Rachel
August 23, 2016 at 10:06 pm

I love using cauliflower as a substitute for things. I haven’t tried to make a crust with it yet.
Rachel recently posted…What Do You Mean Babies Don’t Come With Instructions?My Profile

Dawn McAlexander
August 23, 2016 at 10:34 pm

Now that is a different type of pizza. I love the alternative choice in crust and toppings. This gives regular, boring old pizza a run for its money.
Dawn McAlexander recently posted…Care For Your Cat’s Teeth With Meow Mix Brushing Bites #sponsoredMy Profile

jill conyers
August 24, 2016 at 4:58 am

I need to make cauliflower crust. I keep saying that but it hasn’t happened. Soon. Very soon.
jill conyers recently posted…Fall In Love with Taking Care of YourselfMy Profile

HilLesha
August 24, 2016 at 2:59 pm

I’m a vegetarian, but I love the idea of using a cauliflower crust. I’ll definitely have to try this the next time I make homemade pizza!

Koninika
August 24, 2016 at 3:31 pm

I’m not even a pizza person and I loved the recipe. Loving this idea for kids and everyone especially outside in the patio, just enjoying the weather with some pizza!

Stacey
August 24, 2016 at 5:09 pm

I have never tried cauliflower crust but have been wanting to. I think this recipe needs to be used for a weekend dinner soon!

CourtneyLynne
August 24, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Omg can we say yum?!?! Everything about this recipe looks absolutely delicious. Must give it a try.

GiGi Eats
August 24, 2016 at 7:53 pm

I remember pizza night when I was a kid! Friday nights (either Pizza or Chinese Take Out)…. Ah, I just loved me some CHEEEEEESYYYY pizza and I would totally eat 1/2 the dang pie!
GiGi Eats recently posted…It’s Time For A Do OverMy Profile

August 25, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Ohhhh, yes! Pizza or Chinese takeout. You’ve just inspired another good idea for a fun pie!

Whitney S.
August 25, 2016 at 1:06 am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE pizza!! I’ve never had a pizza with a cauliflower crust though!

August 25, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Well, if you’re going to try it, use this method for the crust. I’ve tried a few recipes and until I got the crust crispy, I have to say they weren’t worth eating. The crust is the key to a good Cauliflower Crust pizza!

Teresa
August 26, 2016 at 8:11 am

This looks so delicious! I LOVE red onion, so any pizza loaded with red onion has my name written all over it. The balsamic dressing/glaze on the pizza looks amazing.

arin
August 26, 2016 at 2:03 pm

such a yummy alternative to the ‘real deal’ — going to attempt this next week, so stay tuned! ps: you just made me really hungry LOL

Mardene Carr
August 30, 2016 at 5:10 am

LOL…I hear the word Cauliflower and nothing else sticks. I can’t bring myself to eat that thing at all. This looks very lovely though

August 31, 2016 at 7:15 am

LOL…texture thing? The great part of this recipe is that it’s pureed almost like a mashed potato, so by the time you mix it with egg and cheese to form the crust, it won’t even resemble cauliflower at all! 🙂