October 31, 2016

9 Spooky, But Simple Halloween Meals

Once a year, the spookiness of Halloween brings the kid out of all of us. Tonight is Halloween, but in our house, we’ve been celebrating all weekend. We went to a Trunk or Treat Friday night, a Halloween party on Saturday night, our neighborhood Halloween party last night and tonight we’ll be trick or treating.

Halloween

Since we have the friends we trick or treat with over before the festivities begin, I am always looking for fun, but quick Halloween-inspired eats to put on the table. It’s nice to know the kids all have a somewhat nutritious meal in their bellies before the candy bartering and chow down begins.

These nine recipes will help you create a fun spread for your guests and your kids.

Since the Forensic Scientist in me loves the science-themed Halloween recipes most, I’m kicking off my list with  Brain Dumplings and Mad Scientist Beaker Drinks

spooky Halloween brain dumplings

Source: Delish

spooky Halloween Mad Scientist drinks

Source: OhMy!Creative

Those are so easy to make, I can’t wait to put them out on my table to spark a reaction from the kids! If you have time, those two recipes would be fun to make with your kids so they can feel like they are the mad scientists in the kitchen.

When it comes to classic fun Halloween eats, you can’t go wrong with Spider Pizza, Meatball Mummies and Eyeball Pasta.

spooky Halloween spider pizza

Source: Kitchen Fun

Spooky Halloween Meatball Mummies

Source: Spend with Pennies

spooky Halloween eyebal pasta

Source: Spend with Pennies

Me, I’m a sucker for taco dip no matter what the foodie gathering. So, spruce up your favorite recipe Spider Web style!

spooky Halloween spider taco dip

Source: Palatable Pastime

For a traditional sit down dinner with your family, a warm and comforting Jack O’ Lantern Pot Pie followed up by some Halloween Apple Crypts would make a fun, family meal.

Halloween chicken pot pie

Source: Campbells

Halloween Apple Crypts

Source: Home and Plate

All of these recipes make great Halloween lunches and dinners for your family. If you’re looking for a way to include more fresh fruit while minimizing the number of pieces of candy that get eaten, try these simple to throw together Jack O’ Lantern Tangerines. Just peel, add a celery stalk and plate!

Halloween pumpkin tangerines

Source: Bren Did

What’s your family’s favorite spooky Halloween meal?

Cross Your Finish Lines!
Craving More? Get exclusive subscriber access to healthy living information, workouts, training, racecation and travel deals, and recipes!

21 Comments on “9 Spooky, But Simple Halloween Meals

October 31, 2016 at 2:09 pm

Those are all so creative and fun! Happy Halloween
Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner recently posted…Spinach & Feta Mashed Potatoes Meatless MondayMy Profile

Chrissa - Physical Kitchness
October 31, 2016 at 4:22 pm

SHUT UP! These are way way way creative! Some I’ve never seen before and that says a lot since I’m a Pinterest junkie!!

November 2, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Pin away for next year girl!

Kerri McGrail
October 31, 2016 at 10:12 pm

I love fun holiday themed foods! They are so fun for kids! (and adults too!)
Kerri McGrail recently posted…Country Sole Half Marathon Race RecapMy Profile

Sarah- A Whisk and Two Wands
October 31, 2016 at 10:23 pm

The brain dumplings would have been fun to send with the hubby today for a work pot luck! I almost cried when the girls didn’t want to have pumpkin sandwiches or boo nanas or anything fun other than a green smoothie and a black smoothie today.

November 2, 2016 at 2:10 pm

It’s perfect for a work potluck. He would have been a big hit with those.

Carmy
October 31, 2016 at 10:34 pm

I love the brain pasta! It looks so real haha
Carmy recently posted…November 2016 GoalsMy Profile

Giselle Rochford
October 31, 2016 at 11:40 pm

These are so cool! The brains really freaked me out but the others are definitely doable. Thanks for sharing!
Giselle Rochford recently posted…Easy ways to get active everydayMy Profile

November 2, 2016 at 2:09 pm

Freaking people out is the whole point of Halloween! 🙂 You just have to keep telling yourself as you eat them “These are potstickers. These are potstickers.” LOL

Chrissy
October 31, 2016 at 11:40 pm

How fun! We had some pumpkin oranges tonight, too. Some of those recipes look downright creepy and others look so cute (the mummies!)
Chrissy recently posted…20 MINUTE WORKOUT PLANMy Profile

November 2, 2016 at 2:08 pm

I love a meatball hoagie, so the mummies are great for a quick dinner before heading out for some candy!

abbey sharp
October 31, 2016 at 11:42 pm

OMG these are all super creative!! I love the nacho dips, tangerines, and eye ball pasta!!

November 2, 2016 at 2:07 pm

I made the eyeball pasta for our pre-trick or treat dinner. The kids loved it!

November 1, 2016 at 8:52 am

The clementine pumpkins are such a great sweet idea! Amazing how much creativity people put out on Halloween!
Ilka recently posted…My Training Log Week October 24th – Half-Marathon TrainingMy Profile

November 2, 2016 at 2:06 pm

I’m totally partial to the brain potstickers as they fit so eloquently with my day job. I just hope none of my staff mixes them up with the real parts YUCK! LOL

Amy
November 1, 2016 at 10:16 am

These are all really cute. The only ones I’ve actually made though are the super simple clementines with celery bits. I am not an overly ambitious themed kitchen kind of gal. Ha!

November 2, 2016 at 2:04 pm

But you’ll look like a star making those! Sometimes simplicity is best.

Angela @marathonsandmotivation.com
November 1, 2016 at 10:36 am

I love these ideas, especially the cute clementines. Hope you had a fun Halloween!!!

November 2, 2016 at 2:04 pm

We had a great Halloween. I hope you guys did as well. The clementines are my favorite way to bring some healthy into Halloween!

Jill Conyers
November 1, 2016 at 4:46 pm

What fun ideas. I could have used this for our annual Halloween party. Pinning for next year.
Jill Conyers recently posted…Calorie Burning Muscle Toning Total Body Circuit WorkoutMy Profile

November 2, 2016 at 2:03 pm

You could totally make a Spooktacular holiday out of these recipes next year!